Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/7/2003 5:52:01 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Want to get the trigger slap fixed in my SAR-1.  I thinnk I will take it to my gunsmith and have him install the parts since I am not mechanically inclined.  

What parts do I need to fix this annoying problem and where can I get them?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Red Star Arms fire control group or just follow these simple directions to fix your existing parts linx310.nothingbutguns.com/slapfix.htm

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Autofire a complete moron can change the FCG in an semi- auto AK. hers another place where you can get an american made FCG. www.tapco.com
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the FSE US-made hammer, trigger and disconnector from www.rpbusa.net/ak.html for $29.95 - not as smooth as the Red Star Arms set, but suitable for my needs.  It's part # AK16.

RPB charges a flat $10.00 shipping fee, so I also ordered some Bulgarian 30-rd steel 7.62 mags and other parts.

The Romanian AK website above is excellent, even *I* was able to change out my fire control group.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Changing the FCG on an AK is a piece of cake. If I can do it, so can you. Follow the instructions on Linx310's website and you'll be gold. I'd recommend getting a RSA set-up and a retainer hook and ditch the shepard hook while you're in there. Just my 2 cents worth. I'll give you a pic of the retainer hook below.

www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1

Andy
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top