Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2003 3:16:04 PM EDT
I ordered what I thought to be a SAR-1, which cost me $339.99. When i finally got it, it only came with one 30rd. mag. My first one came with a 10 and a 40rd. After getting it home I noticed it was a WASR-10, converted to accept high capacity mags. I called the gun shop and alerted him of this and he said "I don't see the problem." I see a problem spending $339.99, for a gun that can be had for way less than $250.00. I am not blaming him because he just ordered it for me. How should I go about handling this problem? Thank you guys for listening and your help.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you absolutely cannot live with the WASR, I'd contact the outfit that sold it to you and demand an exchange/refund. Chances are though, that they bought the WASR's for considerably less than SAR's knowing they could pass them off anyway.

Better yet, if you have a decent relationship with the ffl holder who did the transfer, I'd have him call and explain the situation. Laws vary from state to state but you didn't receive what you ordered and the company who misrepresented the WASR should be held accountable. If you don't speak up, they'll continue to misrepresent the rifles as SAR1's.

Obviously, they're motto isn't "satisfaction is our goal". It would appear greed is more their interest than satisfied customers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
complain and get what you paid for or your money back.. make sure you spen NO MORE MONEY then you have already.. let the dealer/distributor hack it out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Mind sharing where you ordered from?
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
As I understand it, is the feed ramp the potential problem with single-stack WASRs converted to accept high-cap mags?

Please let us know - who are the greedy bastards trying to pass off converted WASRs as SARs?
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Did the dealer state that it was an SAR-1?  Some of the ads that I see never give a model number.  They just say Romainian AK47.  The converted WASRs seem to sell for around 10-20 bucks less than the advertised SARs.  I have a WASR 10 hi cap version and IMO, it is every bit as good as my SAR-1.  Actually, I think it is a bit more accurate.  BUT if you were sold a SAR-1 and didn't get what you ordered, I would go back to the dealer as well if it is worth it to you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd complain. Around my parts sar-1's run in the 330 range and the wasr-10 can be found for 280. And that's with the stock refinished. Here's an example.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I need some help, I have a SAR3 and I heard that AK74 mags will work if they have been modified, What needs to be modified and how?
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I need some help, I have a SAR3 and I heard that AK74 mags will work if they have been modified, What needs to be modified and how?

By the time you buy a bake mag and some special followers, you are spending most of the cost of a Weiger and you still need to modify the feed lips. And nothing works better in a SAR3 than Weigers, period. Buy at least 2.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me guess, your gunshop ordered this AK from S.O.G.?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for taking so long to respond. Well heres is what has happened. NOTHING. You see I am only 16 as of now, and my mother buy's my guns for me. She hasn't had the time to take me back to the gunshop which I bought it from. With all the waiting, I ended up shooting it. So I am going to keep it. The only gunshop around here that has AK's in stock sells them for nearly $500!!! I am talking about MAADI's and SAR's. Can you believe it. Well the gun has performed just as an AK should so, i'll live. Thanks for the support.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice move....admitting to a straw-man purchase on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Nice move....admitting to a straw-man purchase on the internet.

It is not a straw-man purchase for a parent to buy a minor child a firearm.  By law you must be 18 to purchase a long gun.  Nothing in the law was ever meant to prevent a parent from buying their minor child a firearm.  If so, then there would be millions of parents of minor children arrested for the "straw-man" purchases.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#15]
As Mak stated, there is no law prohibiting a parent from buying their child a firearm. If so how would anyone under the age of 18 hunt. It is a state law that anyone of the age 16 or over must purchase their own hunting license. If I can hunt alone, I think I have the right to have a firearm. I just can't purchase it. As for a pistols, the laws are different. Nothing more than a mere misunder standing. Thanks for coming to my rescue Mak.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#16]
This section deals with giving a minor a handgun, which is not illegal but the child must have the parents written permission.  It is not a straw-man purchase for a parent to purchase a long gun for their minor child but I can not locate the law at this moment.  They must be able to lawfully purchase the gun theirselves if they were of age. No criminal record or restraining orders, mental problems, drug use.  I can legally buy any person a gun and give it to them as a gift as long as that person can legally purchase a firearm theirself.  Some states have laws though requiring that if you are purchasing the gun for a gift, such as your son, that before the transfer can be completed a background investigation has to be done on the person receiving the gift.  

United States Code
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 44 - FIREARMS

U.S. Code as of: 01/02/01
Section 922. Unlawful acts

"x)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to sell, deliver, or
   otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor knows or has
   reasonable cause to believe is a juvenile -
       (A) a handgun; or
       (B) ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun.
     (2) It shall be unlawful for any person who is a juvenile to
   knowingly possess -
       (A) a handgun; or
       (B) ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun.
     (3) This subsection does not apply to -
       (A) a temporary transfer of a handgun or ammunition to a
     juvenile or to the possession or use of a handgun or ammunition
     by a juvenile if the handgun and ammunition are possessed and
     used by the juvenile -

(i) in the course of employment, in the course of ranching or
       farming related to activities at the residence of the juvenile
       (or on property used for ranching or farming at which the
       juvenile, with the permission of the property owner or lessee,
       is performing activities related to the operation of the farm
       or ranch),target practice, hunting, or a course of instruction
       in the safe and lawful use of a handgun;
         (ii) with the prior written consent of the juvenile's parent
       or guardian who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local
       law from possessing a firearm, "

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:03:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Where was this SAR1? ordered from?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top