Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2003 6:55:35 AM EDT
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE AK RAS SUPPOSEDLY OUT FROM KNIGHT'S?  IF SO AND YOU HAVE ONE PLEASE POST PICTURES AS I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE.  IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND PICTURES AND ONE TO PURCHASE THEN LET ME KNOW.

I HAVE A ROMANIAN SAR-1 AND I WANT TO MOUNT A HARRIS BIPOD ON THE BOTTOM OF IT.

Link Posted: 4/18/2003 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Try RPB.  They have a handguard with a rail on the bottom for just that.  

www.rpbusa.com

Hunt around the AK section and you'll see that it's available with a stock set.  I haven't asked them if they sell it separate, but if you find out let us know here please.

Ross
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
it is actually under the miscellaneous section and the adaptor and the handgrip are $25.00
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you want one for? I don't know of any place that sells one, but frankly, I think you're wasting your money.

If you want to forward mount an optic, the Ultimak is a much better alternative. Also, ACE sells a front sight replacement that has a Pictinny rail plus a rear peep sight that you can use with a red dot optic mounted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
They said that they were nt gonna make them. Ill try to find the link but I think it was on BiggerHammer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
To the best of my knowledge the SR-47 project has been killed by the gov.

If anyone I know can get what you're after that person would Wes Grant at MSTN.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried some months ago to purchase one and finally got word from Knights that the project was bagged and they would not be making it.there is a airsoft version made of pot metal for about $125 at some places.I don't know how duable it would be.I just mounted a weaver rail on my handguard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The SR-47 project failed, and last I heard it was tanked.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top