Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2002 4:15:05 PM EDT

The cleaning kit capsule for my SAR-1 is stuck in the buttstock and it wont come out. Anybody have any ideas they could share?

Thanks!

Panzer Out
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
let the trap door close, bang on it a little then try again, those things have darned little clearence to open.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 3:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
DO NOT use your fore finger to push open the trap door and DO NOT let your finger get stuck, it's both painful and embarrasing.  If you do get stuck, use Campy's method to undo the plate.  It's hard typing with one hand while trying to balance the rifle so it doesn't feel like your finget is comming off.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem.My cleaning kit and finger got stuck. This is what I did to remedy the problem.Take off the butt plate.I had wedge the kit so bad I couldn't get it out.I took a center punch and put a little dimple in the center of the cap.I then took a small drill bit and drill a small hole through it.I then took a sheet metal screw and screwed it in a rotation or two. The take a pair of pliars and pull on the screw till it pops out. Now to solve the problem.Take the spring out of the stock.Take a long drill bit and drill motor and eat away alittle of the wall.Use it like a end mill.Just use one big anough not to break when lean it into the wall.Shake all the wood chips and dust out and slide the kit back in and feel for any tight areas.If all feels good replace the spring and reassemble the butt plate.The spring can be a pain in the butt to get seated all the way back down into the stock.Nows there no way for it to get stuck. This is what I did to solve the problem.Im sure there's better ways to do it .But for what you got to use at home it worked.Best of luck to ys War Dawg.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Take off the buttplate and bang the buttstock down on the ground or on a piece of wood and usually they will fall out.

I cant believe that the Romanians build something this slipshod for their armed forces.  From pics I have seen, the AK's the Romanian Army uses are the same as the SAR models, just selective fire of course.  With laminated wood sometimes also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]

I finally got the cleaning kit extricated from the buttstock of my SAR-1. I removed the end-plate and whacked the side of the stock a few times with the handle of a hammer and voila; the capsule shot right out!

The AK-47 rifle truly is a remarkable weapon considering how crudely built it is. Mine shoots flawlessly since I fixed the trigger slap.

Thank you to all who replied to my post.

Panzer Out

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top