Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2002 1:45:26 PM EDT
From aimsurplus along with about 10 mags..for around 400 some odd bucks.. anything I should know about SAR1's? I'm mainly buying it to be a good rifle I can throw around a bit and not get mad if it has scratches on it.. also easy to take care off.  I'm going to be buying from aimsurplus.com and was wondering if these guys are people to deal with?

Thanks

Edit: This is my first AK, I don't want anything to fancy or anything real shitty and everyone says the SAR1 is a good beginner rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Good first AK and source. I have come to prefer the SAR2 in 5.45 over my SAR1, but your choice. Sights and gas tube are far less likely to be canted (usually right) after 1999-2000. Wood varies some, has tuff finish, but refinishes nicely if you care. ALL SAR triggers are US parts count cheapos, and ALL vary some in feel. Use whatever you get, and plan on a Red Star Arms wonder trigger set for $80 later.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
 The SAR 1 is a good choice.  I love the one that's leaning against the living room wall here.
 Recently we got a SAR 2 for my son from AIM.
I talked with Brian.  He told me all the SAR
rifles AIM ships are straight.
 It is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The reason I want a SAR1 is because I like the recoil.. but i'm pretty sure i'll end up getting a SAR2 also
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 4:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the recoil..

Then maybe you want a HK G3 clone ;)

Enjoy your SAR1 form Aim.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top