Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 9:50:56 AM EDT
just got a new Cobra sight, and when mounted on the AK and sighting down the barrel, it is very noticeable that the reticle is skewed far to the left of the front sight.

now it's entirely possible that the front sight is the culprit and not straight and aligned on the barrel.  it's also entirely possible that my eyes or my sighting process is what's crooked.

anybody else have a Cobra sight with this problem?  could it just be that the reticle is off-centered and will adjust to "center" upon sighting in the thing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
This is just a guess...it is most likely caused by front sight canting...but until you take the rifle to a knowledgeable 'smith...who knows.  Go sight the darn thing in and see what happens.

Then again, you may have a crooked head.

Sorry that I don't have a good answer for you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
While it is likely that you just noticed some front sight cant which is not entirely rare in SARs (and usually to the right like yours sounds), the side rail is not always perfect either. But if the Kobra can be sighted in then I would ignore it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
well, inspection revealed that the front site was canted.

and range time revealed that the kobra optics work just fine.  out of the box, it was only a little high and to the right (2 o'clock-ish) about an inch and half, 2 inches max.  and there seems to be mucho room for adjustment to center it up.

all's well that ends well.

now if we can just get our "single shot" SAR2 to quit short stroking, we'll be fine!  (note: saw other post, will proceed with suggestions as time permits.  )
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top