Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2002 7:21:56 PM EDT
I've shot a match and had another rifle practice session. Things are getting clearer. The 20" AR is more accurate than the Norinco AK by a ways(I used the AK in the match and faired rather poorly, but it was fun, plates and paper). Alot less recoil with the AR than the 7.62. I think if I could get even less recoil with a 5.45 this would be a good thing. Has anyone tried to "accurize" one of these? Also, I looked on the one web page at the Russian optics. Word at AR15.com is the Russian red dots are spotty. What about the scopes? Can you mount a US store bought scope easily? I'm pretty sure I could have a decent AR with a pretty good trigger for about $625. New.I REALLY like the compact ACOG idea (who wouldn't for that kind of money?). Aging eyes and long targets are making those optics seem like a good idea. Are there any easy on easy off optics for the SAR's,especially ones that wouldn't lose their zero? There is a big gun show in Indy this weekend, I am planning to go. My regular dealer will  be there and I will look around some.  PS I am trying to write this thread and the previous one in a manner that will be useful for others someday. Thank you all again for your help.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top