Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/25/2012 6:54:07 AM EDT
Yea it was a little work but having one of the best aviation welders for a friend helped. This thing is rock solid! The stock was an OIF bring back and it is nice to put the parts back into service. I need some opinions on how to finish this rifle. The welded up rivet holes from the old trunion are still in the white, I plan to have Chris Peters from Metaloy hard chrome the bolt. I'm up in the air about going with an off the wall color for the remaining metal or just finishing it in black. Also, I would like some opinions on furniture. Should I track down traditional Bakelite, or go with rubber Hogue stuff?

Link Posted: 3/25/2012 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat you are; subscribed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd leave the folder as-is and do a BFPU look on the rest of the rifle.

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the thoughts so far. I must admit that somehow finishing this rifle as if were a BFPU just seems right. What about furnishings then? Bakelite?
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the worn look but some day need to refinish this home built Romy, Yugo UF of mine.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd leave the folder as-is and do a BFPU look on the rest of the rifle.  

This.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to revive an old thread but here is how my finish turned out... Much appreciation to Chris Peters at Metaloy Industries in Berryville, AR for his work!

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks really good. I've always liked the look of the underfolders, and seriously debated getting one when I picked up my AK. I ended up with a regular WASR, but I keep thinking about that underfolder. Maybe next gun show...
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome, I've been thinking of doing this to my Romy and I will definitely be using this thread. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Awesome, I've been thinking of doing this to my Romy and I will definitely be using this thread. Thanks!

Any questions regarding the conversion, please get with me... It was easier than you might imagine. The finish work was done by Metaloy Industries...

Link Posted: 8/4/2012 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
That looks good. I plan on doing that and registering it as a MI pistol.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That looks good. I plan on doing that and registering it as a MI pistol.

This one just makes the minimum 26" overall length when folded, so you may be OK with it as a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#13]
you need the backwards donk grip on it now.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]
That looks really good - and that's coming from a guy that likes original looks & Bakelite grips.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top