Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:25:11 PM EDT
I know. I'm really late getting into the game here.

But is there anyone still stocking reasonably priced Romy made PSL's. I thought I saw last week that Centerfire still had some listed that were somewhat reasonable.

Lacking that, what's a good price on the secondary market for a Romy made? I saw one today on the rack for $799 including a cheapy $50 - $75 bipod clamped on the barrel. Too much? Or as good as I'll find?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]

For $580 you can get the rifle, a mag, and the scope shipped to your FFL. So assuming you're not in the same state as they are, thats $600 to your door.

Not bad at all if you ask me...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
That's just it, good price but is it a Romanian made or a Century assmembled kit? If it's a Romy I'll drive down to my crack dealer next Friday and order one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Its Rommy made through Century as a dealer. I bought mine from them and its been excellent. I think they are marked both Century and Made in Romania. Center Fire is really good about answering questions, so if you're worried about it just send them an email and ask where it came from.

Also, stay away from bipods stuck to the barrel, that thing will string vertically bad enough without that.    

Edit: I forgot to add that PSL's can be imported in one piece, unilke AK's that have to come in with the "sporter" configuration or be chopped up and reassembled. I'm not sure how the technicalities of this work out, but other guys around might be able to fill in more.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks mustang. I'll give them a call or e-mail and find out.

I know many were imported assembled but I also know Century assembled many kits onto NoDak Spud receivers too. Nothing wrong with NoDak Spud's parts but the angry beavers at Century do have a less than stellar reputation at building.

And if I were to get the one with the clamp on bipod that would be the first thing to come off as soon as I walked in the door at home.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with NoDak Spud's parts but the angry beavers at Century do have a less than stellar reputation at building.

Exactly, if century built it, I won't buy it unless i can inspect it first. My own personal rule.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its Rommy made through Century as a dealer. I bought mine from them and its been excellent. I think they are marked both Century and Made in Romania. Center Fire is really good about answering questions, so if you're worried about it just send them an email and ask where it came from.

Also, stay away from bipods stuck to the barrel, that thing will string vertically bad enough without that.    

Edit: I forgot to add that PSL's can be imported in one piece, unilke AK's that have to come in with the "sporter" configuration or be chopped up and reassembled. I'm not sure how the technicalities of this work out, but other guys around might be able to fill in more.

One thing I forogot to mention....  the wood on mine was pretty rough. Not a big deal, but it was the roughest part of the gun. The fit and finish of the metal was excellent, but I think the scope it came with was also definitely dinged up. Not bad, but it showed that it was surpus.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]
J&G Sales still has them, but the price has jumped $50 in the past month.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Well....my crack dealer had one. $625 for a Century built Sporter. But at least I got to inspect it first and the front sight is on straight. In fact the rifle looks so good you would never guess the Century beavers ever laid their paws on it.

Missing the the Romy Tokerev that was in the show case. I'll probably go back in a couple months and see if he still has it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/titan68/Firearms/RomanianHotties.jpg

Well....my crack dealer had one. $625 for a Century built Sporter. But at least I got to inspect it first and the front sight is on straight. In fact the rifle looks so good you would never guess the Century beavers ever laid their paws on it.

Missing the the Romy Tokerev that was in the show case. I'll probably go back in a couple months and see if he still has it.

Pull the covers off the scope tube and soak them in a little warm water and baby oil.  Makes them look brand new.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool! Thanks! I was wondering how I was going to clean them up.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top