Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2010 4:53:41 PM EDT
Hey I was thinking about selling my PSL.  It is a all number matching and in good condition.  It has a 4x psop scope, and a brugger and thomet 3 rail hand guard.  Also has a bi pod and a synthetic stock from centerfire systems but they will also get the original wood stock with it.  I was gonna sell my 300 rounds of ammunition to go along with the gun.  Do you think that asking for $1300 is too much?  What do you guys think?  Thanks.  And if this is a decent price should I put it on eBay or where would it sell best?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, $1300 is too much.  Cut that number in half, and you might get a buyer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]

$600-650 for the rifle with scope.
$250 for the Brügger & Thomet railed forend.
$150-175 for the composite stock set.
$65 for the ammo.
$30 CF bipod.

Call it $1000 to $1100 asking price for everything.

It would sell for around $900.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You're much better off to sell everything seperately. You wont lose nearly as much that way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck I would be happy with 1k.  Not that I don't like the gun or that there is anything wrong with it.  Just paying for school and gas and everything else.  You got to give in one area to go to another.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Another selling point is that 'new' Romanian PSL's could be rebuilds from Century Arms (am I right about this?)

If you have 'Cugir' on the side of your receiver it was fully built in Romania by Cugir with new equipment from NATO (like my rifle is).

If you have CAI on the bottom it is a rebuild.

In my opinion, a Cugir psl is going to be better than a rebuild a from Century.   Read around recent posts in the forums to make sure I am correct.  

You have a very nice rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]
You can't sell guns on ebay
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I completely forgot that eBay doesn't allow guns.  Well I bought my PSL at a local gun show show for 700 early last year.  But I live in a small town and the chance that I can get a decent deal on the gun locally is a little slim.  But yes my gun is a Romanian import.  Or so the side of my gun says.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Post in in the classifieds with the $ break down listed in this thread.  Put it up for $900 or $1000 or w/e you want and see what happens.
If all the new rifles coming in now are kit builds that rifle IMO is better and more desirable than they are.  

Plus everything you put on the rifle is tip shelf.  It's not like you have a bunch of Leapers or Tapco parts hanging off it which will turn many people away.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice to hear that you are thinking of selling.......BUT..........if you have been reading the threads, it appears, that for now at least....there doesn't appear to be any more Romanian made PSL's coming in.   They are now made with US receivers and other assorted things....mainly parts guns????(maybe).   Soooooooooooooooooo...if you aren't hard up for the money, you may want to hold on to it.   just sayin.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top