Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:45:20 PM EDT
I've had my Century PSL for a while now and it's been a great rifle.  I lucked out and haven't had any functional issues, it's fun to shoot and reasonably accurate.  However, it's always bugged me that the one I got had a pinned flash hider, neutered bayo lug and the barrel length has always seemed pretty ungainly to me.  To take care of these issues, I sent it off to POHF where they shortened the barrel to 21 inches, threaded it to accept a flash hider, removed the bayo lug/band and reinstalled the FSB.  The big brown truck arrived today and I got it all put back together.  I added an AMKN flash hider that I bought from Brick, which is a nice high quality piece, and this is how it looks now.

I think the rifle looks much better now with the improved flash hider and without a pseudo bayo lug band wrapped around the barrel.  Also, the new shorter length of the PSL feels much better IMHO.  Hopefully I'll be able to get out to the range in the next couple of days and get it dialed in again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks pretty slick, the barrel contour is much cleaner without the bayo lug. Nice looking wood and I like the flash hider too!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.   Wish mine had a removeable flash hider.   My only concern would be the velocity that you lose when you cut off that much of the barrel.    At shorter distances, it probably isn't a real concern, but I'll bet it's much tougher to hit things out past 300yrds, as the scope settings will be set to a round leaving the muzzle at 2700pfs.    It doesn't take a whole lot of differnce to screw up the scope settings.  

With my reloads, I'm about 40fps too fast, and at 1000yrds, that means I have to use the #9 instead of the #10 setting on the scope, or I shoot right over the target.    It will be interesting to see your shooting results, and how the scope settings line up with actual ballistics.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top