Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2009 11:00:25 AM EDT
I played with a WASR 10 underfolder and it has a fatal flaw. The undefolder stock locks open at an angle that puts your line of sight in the reciever.  You have to put your chin up on the stock to see the sights.  The gun is fine otherwise, and I'd love to have an underfolder.  But not if the stock can't be fixed.  So is there a way to remedy this????
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Picture? Anything like this? I like the cheek weld on the Yugo.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Some AK's have a weird underfold stock angle.

+1 for the Yugo AK as its underfold stock is straight in line with the receiver
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
No pic.  The stock isn't straight like yours, it's angled down more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Alot of mp40's do that.  And the Germans killed a shit ton with it.  Its not that big of a deal.  Your bassically say its like this

I like it that way I hate crouching my head down to my ar iron sights... Its uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
That's the way the stock was designed so it's not broken and can't be "fixed".
Try an underfolder from another country.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No pic.  The stock isn't straight like yours, it's angled down more.

Yeah I know what you mean, kind of like the MP40 pic above.

Just get a yugo, problem solved.   Worlds better than a WASR, anyway (thicker receiver, highly accurate), although be sure to get one with a chrome-lined barrel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just get a yugo, problem solved.  although be sure to get one with a chrome-lined barrel.

Who is selling Yugos with chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just get a yugo, problem solved.  although be sure to get one with a chrome-lined barrel.

In 7.62x39?  No one that I know of.

The 5.56 Yugo variants do have chrome-lined bores however.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
is a chrome lined bore good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

In 7.62x39?  No one that I know of.

The 5.56 Yugo variants do have chrome-lined bores however.

I thought for a while that centerfire had yugos (or was it yugo kits?) with the new chrome-lined barrels.  perhaps i am mistaken.

in any case, it's not a huge concern.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the chrome is better for corrosive ammo, and also for automatic fire
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought for a while that centerfire had yugos (or was it yugo kits?) with the new chrome-lined barrels.  perhaps i am mistaken.

Vector offered rifles with chrome lined barrels (which were US made), but I don't recall them selling Yugos. They were the only ones I recall offering chrome lined US made barrels.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#13]
The undefolder stock locks open at an angle that puts your line of sight in the reciever. You have to put your chin up on the stock to see the sights. The gun is fine otherwise, and I'd love to have an underfolder. But not if the stock can't be fixed.

That's the way their designed, nothing wrong with it.

And as others have mentioned, Yugos (other then the 223 model) didn't have chrome lined barrels, and only a few US made barrels for these were made with chrome lining to keep the costs down.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top