Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2009 2:12:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
They're a Romanian parts kit on a NodakSpud receiver, look at the left side of front trunnion (under the rear sight) and you can probably see a capital "G".  Look for front sight cant( mine had a little, fixed it with a punch) and if you a big guy like me ditch the midget buttstock for a  NATO  length Kvar piece. Also, the barrel is NOT chrome lined because it's a U.S. barrel, so clean accordingly after corrosive ammo.

Otherwise than that, shoot regularly and enjoy!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting my GP 1975 soon. Put some more $ on it yesterday. Seems like the best all around value out there right now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
cleaned and oiled it up todayand noticed something is not ight. the gun fails to eject rounds by hand but seems to do fine shooting.

Still having the same problem?
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I am getting mine in a few weeks. I will check it out before I leave the store.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Brought it home on Thursday and shot it for the first time today. I feel like I have finally arrived! This was my first time shooting an AK. Fired 50 Egyptian rounds with no issues. Only problem I am having is chambering the first round. Seems like it will only chamber if you hold and pull it back just right. If you dont hold it just right, the bolt only moves about an inch and stops. Seems a little better now that I have fired it some. May be just a break in issue.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Cleaned and lubed it good. Hand cycling issue has gone away.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a GP1975 a year ago, almost to the day. I've fired about 13 rounds through it since, I really need to see if that one FTF was ammo related or not.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yep.

took it back to the the shop and they tried a new bolt carrier and bolt with the same issue.

it cycles fine shooting just fails to eject hand cycling. it will eject if you really SLAM the bolt to the rear. other wise it extracts and kind just drops the round in the reciever.

someone mentioned that some designs were dependant of a fired case not a live round but that didn't make any sense to me. every ak i have owned in the past put brass into orbit, live or spent.

TBS, is the ejector in spec?  Someone around here should have the measurements.

I'd also disassemble the bolt and thoroughly clean it, paying attention to the extractor.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top