Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:09:22 PM EDT
I have a SAR 2 that is just like every other AK has charging handle sticking straight out. Bought one from a buddy the other day who has tons of them (Used to do gunshows) and all his charging handles are slanted upwards as to going straight out like the others??? They  are brand new and everyone of them was like that, its factory, it isnt homemade done. Anyone know if its a early or late modification or what this is? It actually feels better charging it this way, and they both are identical other then this.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's so your hand better clears the wire stock when it's folded.

I really like it on my AIMS-74 clone, just reach over the top cover and charge the bolt with your pinky.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a wood stocked gun, all of them he has are and they are all in the factory crates of like 20 per crate so obviously that the way they came from factory. I will ask him tommorow and see if he knows why they are differnt from the rest, just kind of odd bein the first AK i ever saw with handle cocked upwards.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's so your hand better clears the wire stock when it's folded.

I really like it on my AIMS-74 clone, just reach over the top cover and charge the bolt with your pinky.

It's what he said. They make them like that now and the wood stock ones just ended up with it becouse thats what they have now is all.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top