Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2008 3:35:08 PM EDT
What brand receiver did Century use for the SAR-1?  I bought mine back in 2001.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Um,... Romanian military.    In seriousness, the receivers are Romanian from the Cugir factory.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Was this part of the controversy importing receivers that accepted high capacity mags?  There are no receiver markings on my rifle other than the electro-pencil "Made in Romania" markings.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was this part of the controversy importing receivers that accepted high capacity mags?  There are no receiver markings on my rifle other than the electro-pencil "Made in Romania" markings.

I would say no. The current Wasr receivers have 2  less manufacturing steps = cheaper to produce. They have no dimples  on the side of the receivers & 1 single stack magwell that is opened up in the US instead of single and double stack cut mag well.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems to me the SAR-1 receivers are some of the most authentic AKM receivers of any available to us mortals. I am hanging on to mine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What brand receiver did Century use for the SAR-1?  I bought mine back in 2001.

I bought my first one in '01 as well. Liked it so much I bought two more the next month.

Like elokman, mine are not for sale.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
SAR-1 is the closest thing to a Eastern Bloc AKM to ever hit our shores.  Assembled in Cugir on the same line as the Romanian military rifles.  The only difference in the receiver is that they did not drill the third set of holes for the auto sear.  I'll be hanging on to my 2002 SAR-1 for sure.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top