Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:34:05 AM EDT
I did a Saiga conversion a month ago, and I'm just now getting use to using the Romy side folder I put on it (My first one).

I saw a picture of a guys Romanian side folder earlier last year that had his sling looped over the rear of the buttstock. I liked the way it looked, moves the sling out the way and locked up nicely like the Bulgarian/Russian Side folders. It also has another MAJOR benefit that I have come to enjoy... My wire folder now has a nice comfy cheek weld.

Anyone else doing this? I suggest you try it out. Mine sits over the buttstock securely and feels great.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Woo !  This is incredible !   Great Job !
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
cheek welds are overrated. put an FSE buttpad on it. its a completely differnt stock with one on. so much nicer. i use the rommy folders with FSE buttpads on all my AK's, even my saiga 12. i have never used a more comfortable rifle stock ever.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
cheek welds are overrated. put an FSE buttpad on it.  

No cheek weld and a recoil reducing device on a 7.62 mm rifle.
To each their own.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I do with the sling on my Tantal too.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top