Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:16:06 PM EDT
Need a replacement barrel for my Polytech, got burned by Polytechparts on a barrel with a canted FSB and don't want to deal with them again.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Best bet is to look on the various board part exchanges or put out "WTB" threads. Nobody I know of is making 19mm Chinese barrels. A smith can turn down a AKM 23mm European barrel but it would not look the same imho.

I eventually found a used polytech barrels assembly for my MAK-90 conversion.

Hootbro

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You got burned by Keng's?

I've had only good dealings with them..

sorry man....

Elaborate please!

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Short story even shorter, got a barrel from them with a canted FSB they wouldn't take back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds kinda strange as the new Poly barrels come with the parts pressed on but they haven't been drilled for any of the pins for the sight or gas block, not even the gas port has been drilled. Dad got one and that's the way it came. Can you explain the problems a little more? Mad Max in for Madtechcool
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you mean 'new' Polytech barrels?  This thing was imported in the 80s, near as I can tell, and had a drilled and pinned FSB, it was just about 15 degrees off center.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
 Dad has had his barrel assy. for about 2 1/2 yrs. and it was niw. We orded a complete set of wood from them in '05 and all was niw except the buttstock. It had been on a weapon, drilled for the screws and the tang that goes into the receiver was "skinned" a little. But it matched the new wood perfectly. Our first thoughts were that they were dismantleing rifles to use for their parts sales. I'd say that Mak is correct on his assumption. If you want to go to the trouble, there is a seller by the name RAUFOSS. He's got a few niw Poly parts listed and had a complete, new, poly barrel on Gunbroker. The barrel hasn't been listed for a few days but it wasn't sold. You may e-mail him through one of his other auctions and ask about the barrel. May get lucky. It was identical to dad's, takes the type 1 bayo.All parts incuded, frt. sight block to the rr. sight block.Mad Max/ Madtechcool
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Will the Chinese barrel listed on this page fit?

www.sksman.com/part/AK%20parts1.php
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you looking for a barrel with parts attached or will a barrel without parts and not drilled for pins or gas port do?
trucking2120
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll take a complete barrel or a stripped one, as long as it's Chinese or of the proper specs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#11]
The ones I have do not have any barrel parts and are not drilled for pins or gas port, they are threaded at the muzzle 14x1 lefthand standard thread.
One barrel has deep scratches on one side by chamber, would be covered by trunion if used on bottom.
The other does not have those issues.
Both are excellent bores as they have not been mounted or used on a rifle.
I wound suggest using the barrel you have linked to if 19mm.
It would be a lot less work for you to install a barrel that has all the parts already fitted.
trucking2120
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a barrel from Keng's in the summer of 2006 and the thing is absolutely awesome.  I can't wait to put pins in it and drill the gas port.  I am installing it on a MAK-90 this spring.  Keng's has never done me wrong and I have bought a lot of stuff from them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 for Keng's
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Well thanks, that still doesn't help me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Why don't you just knock the pins out of the sight base and straighten it, then redrill the pin holes for a little larger pin? It's been done by quite a few guys with the Romys with canted sights and gas blocks. Mad Max in for Madtechcool
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#16]
CaptainKevinDarling did you check into that link you posted, will those barrels work for you?
trucking2120
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top