Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 5:08:50 PM EDT
Will the MAK-90 screw nut accept the standard length AK screw?  I called KVAR and they said that the nut for the Mak is different, and may not accept the longer screw.  Or is he just trying to get me to buy something else?  Let me know.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone must know....so I can order today!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't really answer your question about the nut, but I am of the opinion that if you need a grip associated part for a standard AK, don't try to use anything from a MAK90 unless you don't mind spending time trying to make it work. My experience with a supposedly MAK90 grip part was a little aggervating and IIRC, the MAK90 grip needed a shorter screw or something. I have never owned a MAK90, but I found out they were different when I ordered a generic 922R grip from interordnance. When I got the grip, the screw from the romy kit wouldn't work and I had to go buy a different screw at the HW store. Again, IIRC, it wouldn't tighten up and was not at the same angle. Interordnance made no mention about this and wouldn't take the grip back. I found out later through some gun forum that those Interordnance grips were supposedly designed for MAK90 conversions and that seemed about right to me. I did finally get the grip to work and it is still on the gun..... HTH
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the nut is the same,  just need a longer screw.  i'll check later
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe the nut is the same,  just need a longer screw.  i'll check later
+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
The MAK nut will work fine with an AK screw. Same threads.

The AK screw is about 1/2" or so longer than the MAK one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Will the MAK-90 screw nut accept the standard length AK screw?  I called KVAR and they said that the nut for the Mak is different, and may not accept the longer screw.  Or is he just trying to get me to buy something else?  Let me know.

I have a MAK-90 and the screw nut is the same as any other. When i converted my MAK-90 to pistol grip configuration the grip screw needed to be longer but the actual screw nut is the same.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
They are just trying to scam you. All the nuts no matter which type rifle they come from are the same it is the screw that is of different lengths in the different types of rifles.
As you can see in the pic the NHM-90/91 stock on the left had the longest screw with the standard pistiol grip in the middle and the MAK-90 stock on the right had the shortest.

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top