Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:54:09 PM EDT
Is it possible to rethread a neutered MAK-90 barrel for a flash hider???

Or would I be better off using something else, or nothing at all???

Gonna have to shoot it with the "BUTTHOLE" stock before I replace it.  The furniture on it is beautiful.......

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If your barrel has been turned to remove the original threads try measureing across the diameter of the muzzle and it's possible that it can be rethreaded in the "new"1/2x28 rh thread. Global Trades has a lot of thier brakes in both thread types.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to thread yourself, I highly recommend WJM's kit.  I have used it twice and it is easy.  Plus, if you did have any issues, he is very helpful.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=339157

If your barrel diameter is .500 or so, you'll have to thread 1/2X28. Larger than that, and you can go 14X1 LH.  I can't recall the exact diameter, but someone else may chime in, or shoot WJM an email and he will let you know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just finished using WJM's kit and it worked great on my MAK 90.  Threaded 14 x 1 and installed an AK 74 brake.  WJM's instructions are very clear and he gives you his phone # if you have any questions while using the kit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
what does the end of the barrel have to measure to use the 14mm threads?
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top