Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:08:37 PM EDT
Hi all, 1st post.

I friend of mine recently gave me a chinese semi-auto AK. It's in fair condition and I'd like to refinish it.

Here is what I've been able to find out about it.
It's most likely a Jing An, imported by R.A.I. as stamped on the barrel. From what I've been able to research it has very similar markings as those listed here.

It's marked as follows:

Ser# 8700XXX

AK-47 S-1
7.62 x 39M M
Made in China

The "S-1" is what is different about the thing and I can't find a reference to it anywhere, but I guess it means semi-auto. Also the stampings for the text are offset in several spots (yes there is a space between the 2 M's) but the serial on the trunnion is lined up perfect.

It came in the original plain white box with everything except 2 mags. The box has water stains all over but it doesn't look like it ever got to the weapon. The receiver and the stock have light rust in patches all over. The barrel looks pretty good and the wood has a few nicks and was dried out pretty good before I oiled it.
I'd like to re-blue it and replace the furniture. I think I can hadle every thing but the rivits. To blue it will I need to cut and replace the rivits? If so do you think I could get someone to help me locally?
Lastly the grip screw seems to be flaired inside the receiver and won't make it past 4 or 5 turns. What is the best way to remove it?

Thanks for the help!

Oh, I put 120 rounds through it today and it was right on at 25 yards. 3" group per 30rd clip.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I post this in the wrong forum, or is something else a problem?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah there`s a problem, you didn`t post any pics of it!

J/K!

Welcome to ARF.com maximaman77!

You might get more responses in the AK Discussion side.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Well here you go what was I thinking

Here is a pic showing some of the rust.

Sorry their pretty crapy pics. When I get my D20 back I'll post something better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
i believe that the S means stamped receiver and the 1 means that it is a folding stock
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m thinking the weapon may be ruined you should send it to me and I will suffer through the rifle not being right and needing some love to bring it back to it’s original glory.

Nice looking rifle...all it needs is some love.

Sign_Wolfman
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top