Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:50:09 AM EDT
I've seen all the recent photos.
I at least plan on having the original muzzle brake taken off and replaced, as well as having the piston swaped out for an American one.
I have some modified Russian (or EG) RPK furntiture that fits it nicely, but I'm looking to see if there are any other good ideas.
I like the plum RPK furniture that became available too.
One guy I know suggested that I have the barrel cut down to AK length to better look like a real Chinese AK (read model in service).

So?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Simple black K-var furniture with a Tapco trigger (Yeah, I know, kind of plain)

Galil looking side folder.  (The furniture exists, the gas tube will look funky)

Chinese Krinkov:  add your US parts to get below the 10 or less imported parts, register your receiver as an SBR, cut the barrel down to Krink length, and make your own MP5 style collapsible stock.

Send it to Krebs Custom and say "surprise me"

Finally, you can always sell your rifle to me!

EDITED:  to write Tapco Trigger because that is what I meant to type while thinking how much I hate their stocks
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm workin' to do mine up to be a pseudo 86s-7 chi-com RPK type weapon. Already got everything from muzzle break to the correct buttstock. All I'm lacking is a cleaning rod and thanks to The Punisher, I should have the rod soon. Love the look of the RPK.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote against the suggestion by the guy you know-cutting the barrel down.  If you don't want an RPK style rifle, sell the one you have to get a standard AK barrel length.  There should be enough people that want an RPK style to take the one you have off your hands.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I  second the motion. I would bring it back to it's original style. Pick any RPK furniture that you like it's yours.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
got NIB nhm-91 couple of weeks ago, had Mak90 since 92 or so

plum RPK stock set came from KVAR Fri w/compliance parts and plum US standard AK set for a MAK90-figured have a Chinese pair.   I think the plum looks good with the Chinese finish (little more blue than my other AKs)   Plus the thumbhole is not just ugly, makes the rifle feel goofy because it is farther from the body.   That Russian buttstock feels great, brings rifle right up to my line of sight on a fast shouldering.   I think the shorter length and more drop will be better prone w/bipod

quite a bit of fitting for everything except the pistol grip.   more than other AKs I've done, but a fun Fri night w/beltsander on low and coarse file to clean her up.     Compared to take off stock to get coarse dimentions.    

did not use the lower handguard in the Kvar RPK kit, the front of it is much larger than AK, so used AK plum lower handguard.  looks good till I can figure out how best to use the Russian piece

decided I don't want scope on either--have 3 different Russian red dots from Tantal and they are great on the AK's they are on, but the longer sight radius is nice, will see what the chrono says about the 21".  But I'm planning on this "RPK" being fun to rapid fire engage 8" gongs at 200 yds prone.   We'll see, but if I can keep 8" @ 200, no need for scope.   Rifle feels good as is

I do have some side rails and rivits, but I think will save for something else....

Do want a longer flashhider on the long barrel, not seeing anything avail.   Prob. make something for myself, either long slots or maybe  a cone style

Already put a 74 style on the 16" AK

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top