Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2005 2:31:37 PM EDT
I recently got one of these rifles and want some info on the thread protector/muzzle nut.
I'm guessing it was installed for a importation shortcut. The spring loaded detent pin won't budge and the thing seems like it's attached really well. I can see threads in there just crying out to be free. Any information on this would help me out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Please delete
I got the information I needed from Krinkfreak.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
please share the info
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
From krinkfreak:
The detent pin is solid.

1. Press out the front sight base pin in the front.
2. Very carefully dremel and remove the protruding portion of the detent (solid) pin.
3. The muzzle nut should be able to rotate now and be removed. Remember, it is left-hand thread.
4. Take a scribe and insert it into the FSB hole and work the remaining portion of the solid pin out the front of the detent pin hole.
5. Purchase a new detent pin and spring and reinstall.
6. Screw muzzle nut or flash hider or muzzle break back on rifle.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!!

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top