Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/4/2005 2:06:31 PM EDT
Done one???

How did you get  the front sight base pins out??

I was gonna get out the drill press but I would bet the pins are pretty hard....

cheers
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I drilled them out.  I had extra pins to replace them.  My punch that was the correct size to kept bending as the pins would not move.  They are supposed to just punch out.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
How can you just punch them out when they are put in a hole?? As in they do not go all the way through from one side to the other. These pins do not go through the front sight base on the Polytech Barrels I have seen...

I was thinking about drilling the other side but it will never line up again and I will have the holes to weld up and refin...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Nobody has a good fix for this one?!?!
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top