Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 8:17:09 PM EDT
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=38033125

Were some of these rifles found to be MG's?  Why?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
here's what everyone references
www.ak47world.com/rifles.html
It has the third pin even though nothing is on it, it can readily be converted
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok you read the artical, now look again at the pics. This one doesnt have the hole.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I see something there.....and what tripped you this one is questionable? All mak-90s aren't like this just a few ones that were marked for seizure and destruction

there is something below the center support that definitely should not be there
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
 What tipped me was the receiver is for a underfolder stock. I remember seeing a few of these back in the early  90's.

You found it
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
YUP.  Been down this road, had to gas axe mine to salvage it into a kit.   check this thread. http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74751  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
here's what everyone references
www.ak47world.com/rifles.html
It has the third pin even though nothing is on it, it can readily be converted

That page says

" We will iss THIS WARNING: WHILE MAK-90 RILFES ARE USUALLY THE RIFLE WE RECOMMEND as "The Best ENTRY-LEVEL/low-priced AK-47 variant" for sale in America today, STAY AWAY from MAK-90 rifles imported by the importer "Le Banu" of upstate New York, (but NOT ALL MAK-90 Rifles, as some will incorrectly infer), that are marked with 3 position fire-control selector markings (sometimes in Chinese characters, other times with the letters L, D, S for the 3 positions on the right side of the receiver), as the ATF classifies these as "ILLEGAL MACHINEGUN RECEIVERS" with, or without the receiver being drilled for a 3rd axis pin!"

So only MAK-90's from Le Banu, NY are classified as machine guns?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
there are better articles and actual ATF rulings out there on this subject that have been posted I'll have to search around some more
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He pulled this item, somebody told him what he was selling...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He pulled this item, somebody told him what he was selling...

I did, I dont want to see anyone getting into trouble including the seller.

He didnt know about it either. This thread and links helped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#10]
if he was smart he would completely disassemble it and destroy the receiver and still have the parts...guys come on here all the time with these MAKs, and that's what they've done
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top