Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
the spring retainer pin is recommended but not needed, just tighten the slant break tight enough against the sight that it angles to the right, use lock tite on the threads, enjoy less recoil!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
How did this project go?  No pictures?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the spring retainer pin is recommended but not needed, just tighten the slant break tight enough against the sight that it angles to the right, use lock tite on the threads, enjoy less recoil!

ready to install mine.

can you explain "angle to the right"?

I realize it is supposed to be angled, but what is the appropriate index? and perspective? (from a shooters view - as opposed to looking down the bore- )

TIA
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
the slant on the break should be angled to the right, because of the bolt recoil. email me at [email protected] and i can send you a picture.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me know if you want to sell your die and TAT to recoup part of your money.

I too have a MAK that needs to be made whole.

The Other Chris
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a MAK90 and when I tapped my SAR1 I checked the barrel diameter on my MAK. It didn't measure large enough to tap. Do you have a particular year of MAK that has a larger diameter barrel?

Chris

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw the thread from earlier.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Test fired approx 100 rounds today. Looks like the blue loctite is holding up very well.

Use loctite red, holds much better.  -= NOTE =- You will need to use heat to remove it later with red.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top