Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2005 10:12:45 PM EDT
like the title says, i need a pic or two so i can see what's been cut from mine, i have an underolding MAK that's also been angle cut.
i'm trying to decide if i should repair the rear block and the receiver or just have a plate welded over the hole that's left.  it looks rather hideous, the cut is forward enough that the back of the pistol grip hangs over the cut by ~1/4".  thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 2:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
A underfolding stock NHM-90 and a MAK-90.

Link Posted: 5/5/2005 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks!  by the looks of the second pic mine has also been ground down some, it looks very thin compared to that one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
like the title says, i need a pic or two so i can see what's been cut from mine, i have an underolding MAK that's also been angle cut.
i'm trying to decide if i should repair the rear block and the receiver or just have a plate welded over the hole that's left.  it looks rather hideous, the cut is forward enough that the back of the pistol grip hangs over the cut by ~1/4".  thanks.

I am having the same problem. I am leaning towards cutting the rear tang and just welding a plate over the hole. Same grip problem too. I might just sand a little off the rear and then refinish the grip.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
i haven't decided what to do, i think i'll leave it with a hole for a while.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the same type of receiver on my mak.  It is angle cut and underfolder ready. I'm going to pitch the thumbhole stock, cut off the rear tang and put an underfolder back on it as it was origanally intended. ( with the correct amount of compliance  parts of course)  Folder kits are pretty scarce right now....does anybody know where I could get one that would be right for this receiver or are they all pretty standard?  THANKS
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
they can be hard to find, the Chinese used the same type as type 3 milled receiver guns.  Jeepcreep found the one that i have, it was on Sturmgewehr.com.  i have seen some on fbmginc.com, i emailed them and they still have some but they don't have a lot of finish.
just keep checking the forums, gunbroker and gunsamerica
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]
you can just snap off the rear tang, stick it in between a pair of vice jaws and break it off
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
not sure who you're talking to but mine has had the tang removed and a folder installed for a couple weeks now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:41:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Just curious, what parts did you change out to make that legal? I have to do that yet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]
FCG, pistol grip, followers and floorplates.  my barrel has enough threads left for a brake so i'll add one after i fix the plunger pin (mine was cut off).  eventually i'll also put on K-var handguards, the Chinese ones are to slick and get to hot.

did you find a folder for it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
So far the only ones I have found are from FBMG, and like you said they have a worn finish and storage rust.  I would sure like to find one that's 80% or better before I run out of patience or I will most likely go through FBMG. For compliance parts I'm going with FCG, pistol grip and handguard. That should be the correct amount of parts to the best of my knowledge. I also have a few threads left on my barrel that didn't get ground down just under my plunger pin, I hope it's enough to work with. If you catch wind of any NICE folders....well you know
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
i sent ya an email
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks!,  I'll let you know how it goes.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top