Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2005 8:45:58 AM EDT
Here is my Chineese Milled MAC 90 w/Ironwood Designs Stock...

http://home.comcast.net/~tdmccallie/Uzi/AK_Milled_sm.jpg
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks awesome. How much for the stock set, if you don't mind me asking??
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
115.00 or something like that...
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Maddog, nice rifle and furniture. I have a Milled Mak and was wanting to do the same thing.Few questions for ya. How does the hardware attach that suppose to come with the Stock set. Being the slant cut and all.  .And did you do your own stock color.It looks pretty good.  Im in middle ga. Macon area.What area are you in????? I was thinkg about  getting the Iron W set and putting the metal buttplate on it like a type 56. How well did the upper and lower handguard go on? Any fitting? Did you put the metal hardware off the old stuff on the new upper and lower ?Any problems??? Was it going to be two hard to put the metal Ferral on the pistol grip? I see yours didn't have one. Im sorry for all the questions.Im about to do the same thing and just need to vent with someone that has done it. Nice rifle by the way, TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!

The stock attaches with a threaded rod and a U shaped alum block inside the receiver supplied with the kit (you can see it on the IW site if you look around.)  I did have to fit the handguards using a dremel so be sure to check yours BEFORE staining (OOPS.)  I stained and finished the stock using 1tsp red, 1tsp orange, and 1/3tsp brown  rit dye per directions on the IW site.  The varathane finishing takes forever.  I don't have any metal for the PG and the new handguards didn't need the old metal plate...I'm in N GA - right on the Chattanooga line.  Post a pic of yours after you get 'er done!

MadDog(760)
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Thansk for the reply. I need to order my set and get started. Im sure the stock gives the rifle a different feel now. Thanks again, WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes the new stock is GREAT compared to the old ButtHole stock!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you use a standard lenght pistol grip srew for the Ironwood grip. I didn't know if it was a little long or not. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
MadDog760,

Man what a sweet looking stock set. I've actually got one ordered from IWD for my MAK-90 as we speak. That color looks awesome and I want mine to look similar to that color.

Hey WarDawg you need a stock set to finish up your milled MAK now!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is my Chineese Milled MAC 90 w/Ironwood Designs Stock...

home.comcast.net/~tdmccallie/Uzi/AK_Milled_sm.jpg

Laminate right?  Looks great!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Im getting Set up Verified through pay pal so I can order a set from Ironwood. Im going to go with the Walnut and do something similar to what RAMBOSKY did to his. While  there isn't a ryme or reason to the differant shades that can be found on a Chinese AK type 56, normally the wood was either a light yellow or a dark red brown from so of the pic's Ive seen.  Fixen to send a Kvar order off for the Butplate and sling swiv;es and screws.  Very good looking rifles.... Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice job...
I tried to put an Ironwood stock on my stamped MAK 90 a long time ago, but I screwed it up.
I took off too much wood when I was fitting it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes it's a laminated stock and I used a LONG PG screw.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yes it's a laminated stock and I used a LONG PG screw.

Damn I just ordered a Bulgarian ( Standard length screw....... ) .....  WD
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Maddog,

Your set up looks great!  I am looking to change out my thumbhole stock on my stamped MAK90 with an angled receiver for one of IWD (#4MA?) stocks.  I actually just emailed Matt an hour ago to get his Paypal account number.  Anyways, you said the stock attached via some screws and fasteners.  Did these come standard or did you have to ask for them?  I saw the picture of the screws and fasteners on IWD's site and wasn't sure if I needed those or not.  

I have seen it mentioned in several places that the IWD stock set costs $115 but according to the the IWD site the cost is only $88 + shipping and handling (say $9) so the total would be less than $100.  Am I not including something with my order?  Thanks for the info.  

BTW I'm also in GA - Stockbridge in Henry County.

Mac
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top