Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 10:38:05 PM EDT
Hi all

I have had a Norinco for the last 11 or 12 years and all I have done to it is shoot it and clean it but the time has come to get a standard type stock for it...

question is how many US parts will I need to incorporate to make it 922 compliant, all I want to do is the pistol grip stock setup...no flash hider and no bayonet lug

also what parts count for these purposes and are the easiest swap out?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
USA made handgaurds/forearm  counts as 1
USA but stock                              counts as 1
USA made pistol grip                   counts as 1
USA made gas pistol    Tampco  counts as 1
USA Made trigger ass. Tampco   counts as 3
USA mag follower                          counts as 1
USA made floor plare                    counts as 1

You need from what I have read to replace 5 parts.   I would not do the mag parts, evertime you would buy  a new mag you would have to put US parts in them
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you that is what I needed to know
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't do the FCG (trigger assembly) as my Norico has a great trigger pull. I recommend that you don't change it if you are happy. The mag floor plates and followers are found at various web sites classifieds. They cost like a $1.50 a set. Very easy to change.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome Tonfa_Sartan.  

Here's the best list concerning the "parts count question".  This should give you all the options.

The Parts Count Question

Take care.

Sly
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top