Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:24:19 PM EDT
I have a friggin slant cut milled MAK.  I want to get rid of this damn asshole stock.  What are my options?  Fixed? Folding? What can I do?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too.  MAK 90 Milled with the slant cut receiver with a round hole in it....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Ironwood Designs

Try Ironwood
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#3]
There are really only two options. A thumbhole stock from Choate or Fiberfoce or one of the Ironwood stocks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ironwood Designs

Try Ironwood

I just got an e mail from Matt Shuster at IWD today. They are going to start  a run of mak-90 slant cut stocks in the next few weeks. Drop him a line and let him know you want one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting the Ironwood designs.  

As another option, has anybody ever explored mounting an underfolder? (romanian, $40 from Kvar)  just by casually looking at it, it doesen't seem too complicated. Drill a large hole, etc.  Are the outside width dimentions fairly similar between milled and stamped, Romanian,Polish,Chinese?
Assuming US trigger parts, piston to keep things compliant of course.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
It is not just drill a couple holes. You have to remove the rear trunion  and weld up the rivet holes. Then drill new rivet holes,holes and slots for the underfolding stock mechinism, and install a underfolding stock rear trunion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Being a milled reciever, there is no rear trunion or rivets.   I would be using screws rather than rivets.  Tempting, tempting......trouble is, if it doesn't work, or I don't like the folder, I'm stuck with holes in the receiver.  Ironwood is the safe way to go, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's an off the wall idea.  There is just a single hole in the back of the receiver, that is slightly smaller than the diameter of an AR15 telestock tread.  If somebody could find the right drill bit and tap, it would be an easy matter to thread it.  Not sure how it would look.  Some of you guys might think it's cool, I'm more of a traditionalist.  If anyone knows where I can get the tap though, I'll give it a shot.  It cost's nothing, the hole is already drilled.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's my milled slant cut Mak with the Choat stock.  This stock actually works very well but the lower handguard that comes with it melts very easily.  It has a very nice lower handguard from Ultimak on it now. This is probably your best bet for this particular gun, although this one may have a underfolder on it some day.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive got the same problem with a Mak-90 stamped angle cut receiver.  Im not sure if it would work with a Milled receiver, but a long time ago I remember that Federal Arms or Guns n Stuff or one of those simular companies made a Gap filler.  It was just a small piece of metal that fit between the stock and receiver.  At the time they only costed about $4.  I have been looking for one for the last 5 or 6 years with no luck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Talking out the side of my neck, has anyone tried the replacement trunnion for using ar stocks on a slant? My Mak came with the underfolder holes. It has a Choate on it right now. I love it that way.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Check out these guys.

MSG                           Fullerton, CA                          Ph: (714) 879-4747

There was an advertisement in the SGN for a black poly stock set for an angle cut reciever (MAK90, MAADI) for $39.95 + shipping. This is a four piece set (butt stock, PG, upper and lower HG). Have not seen them in person yet but have heard they are good. See thread

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=64443

I'm looking to buy a set if they look good

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Do not buy from MSG, this has been posted here for years "Mongollian Shit Guns".  The stocks are made by using a block of wood put into a form and then pouring some cheap plastic/polymer crap over it.  The result is a smelly brittle stock that you will not be happy with.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top