Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:20:21 PM EDT
Looking for some user opinions on this mount. I've read good things and bad things about it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
only good things here.
mp
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:47:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I just put one on my 56s.  Then I tried to put on the TDI tri-railed lower.  not a chance.  then I tried to put on the original lower.  not a chance.  the barrel clamps for the ultimak has four screws on top that interfere.  I just bought some grinding stones for my drill (REALLY expensive dremel) and I'm going to work on teh TDI handguard on wednesday.  pics to follow.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an UltiMak on my SAR-1 , as well as a TDi foreend, and ran into the same problems as chapperjoe.  However, with a little elbow grease and a good pocket knife, I was able to whittle away enough of the foreend to get them both to fit.  

At first, I put a cheap Chinese reflex sight on the UltiMak.  I was able to quickly zero it, put it didn't hold the zero for very long.  Within 100 rounds, the zero moved 5 or 6 feet to the right.  At 159 rounds, the plastic screen on the sight flew right off the scope.  This was completely due to the cheap scope and had nothing to do with the UltiMak.

I have since replaced the NCStar scope with a Trijicon ACOG Reflex and it works wonderfully.

The UltiMak is pricey, but it's worth the money.  If you do decide to buy one, get it from Mako Security.  They currently offer a 10% discount to AR15.com members.  With the discount, they sell the UltiMak rail cheaper than UltiMak themselves.

Frank
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my ultimak used,,,, going to work on the tdi lower handguard tomorrow with a drill and grinding bit.

mounting a tacpoint on it.
flame away.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got my ultimak used,,,, going to work on the tdi lower handguard tomorrow with a drill and grinding bit.

mounting a tacpoint on it.
flame away.

Just out of curiosity how do you like the TacPoint/ AK combo?
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top