Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 5:44:27 PM EDT
I bought a K VAR synthetic stock for my post stamped Polytech.  It would not fit and I started filing.  So much I ruined the stock.  Took too much off and the inside screw does not have enough material to bite.  Tapped the end with a rubber mallet and the tang took a big chip out.   Say I buy another one, what part of the stock do I need to file to fit?  Thanks in advance for helping a dumb@$$.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i just filed the edges a little.  the lower handguard needed more filing than the buttstock.  i got the buttstock started and then tapped it in partway with a rubber mallet and then got it in all the way by slamming the buttstock on my carpeted floor a few times.  

do you have pictures?  are you sure the stock is ruined?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  No pics yet.  Stock works, just looks bad from the chip in the top and it is not seated fully so there is a small gap between the edge of the stock and the receiver.  What part of the stock tang did you file for fit ?  Thanks !!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i just filed the edges..light enough to get it started and then tapped it in.  there is a small gap on my stock too, i think that's just how some of them are since they're made to fit different receivers.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Inferno715.  I got the stock to go with Choat handguards for an Ultimak.  I should quit being lazy and file out the inside of my Chinese handguard to accept the Ultimak rings.  
On another topic are you going to get one of the pre ban barrels on the Polytech website?  What kind of accuracy are you getting from your Poly?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
i don't have a poly, i have an SAR1.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is a good place to get a 4-piece stock set for a MAK-90? I would prefer black polymer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
google kvarcorp, they have stocks for all kinds of AKs.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top