Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/5/2003 10:00:34 AM EDT
What kind of price should I expect to pay for an imported NHM 90 Chinese AK47 that is in excellent condition with less than a 100 rounds through it?

It appears this rifle was an 84s in the 5.56 configuration and they stamped (XX) it out when imported back in 1993ish and called it a NHM 90.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say somewhere in the $400 range would be fair. Through a dealer in '95 or so my first .223 NHM90 went over $75 more than the 7.62x39 version or MAK90's were going for.The NHM series rifle, unlike most* MAK90's were indeed pre-ban guns modified to comply with the provisions of the '89 ban. (* As were the earliest MAK's)

Good guns, I have a pair of them now. Things to note:
1. Magazines are kinda pricy (30 rounders average $30) (5's, 10's, and 15's are usually $15-$20 each)(There are 40's out there, expect to feel raped upon purchase, they are extremely "Kool!" though...)

2.Replacement bolts are a tricky proposition,thanks to Klinton's ban on Chinese replacement parts importation. (Too bad some european nation didn't order 10's of thousands of 84s rifles and mags!) Everything else can be replaced with 7.62x39 parts, both Chinese and some Euro AK47 parts (not AKM parts though)

3. If the rifle hasn't been altered, there should be a 2" long piece of pipe welded to the muzzle. It is both welded and threaded on, meaning the original 14x1LH ahnd threads are intact underneath! Any 14x1 threaded muzzle brake you prefer can easily be swapped, it should be welded in place to be compliant with current legislation...(Same applies to adding pre-ban style stock sets--gotta watch your parts count...)

4. Rate of twist is 1 in 10

I love mine! Plenty accurate for a Kalishnikov design. I've never bothered to line 'em up with 5.45's for side-by-side comparison but they outshoot my 7.62's. My best results have been with 55gr.fmj.I've had fantastic results with (remanufactured) 3-D Coytee varmint ammo loaded with Hornady V-Max bullets. Wolf ammo, not particularly noted for accuracy shoots well through mine and is plenty cost effective as "blasting ammo".
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent information.  I appreciate the knowledge sharing!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Excellent information.  I appreciate the knowledge sharing!

That's why we come here! I've learned more from these boards than I'd have ever found elsewhere. (search engine my ass!) There's nothing like folks who know what you want to know--or being able to share what little you know when asked...

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top