Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 4:52:14 AM EDT
I have found a NIB NHM-91 with all the accessories on the internet for $460. I have never held one or actually seen one. Are these rifles any good? I have read a lot of negative things about them. For example:

The bipod is crap and can not be tightened by hand.
The bipod throws off accuracy and is not good for the barrel.
You can not get parts for them.
If you want to attach a different stock set, then you have to do a lot of modification.
They were made with slave labor.
A lot of magazines will not fit unless you make a modification to the magwell.

Again, these are not my statements, just what I have read. I have not read a lot of good things about them. Can someone address the above issues and set me straight? Or is a NHM-91 just not worth it?

The lack of spare parts is what concerns me the most - Are there any NHM-91 kits out there?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#1]
bipod....maybe crap...but you can always replace it...accuracy doesn't seem to bother my girlfriend
Parts? It is an Ak-47---there are lots of parts
stock--I put a choate set on it and it didn't take much work
slave labour?
some nhm-91 have a raised knop inside the mag release setup....grind off with a dremel
Kits? the only real difference is the barrel..everything else is the same...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I take it then you are saying that it is a good AK varient to own?

Do you know where you can get a replacement barrel?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think there are any replacement barrels available..In another thread here, someone brought that subject up and no one could give a good answer. My girlfriend loves hers...the trigger is great and it looks very nice with the choate dragunov and a bipod.....she had the nipple on the mag well that we had to grind off.
A good rifle yes!!!
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top