Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/12/2019 9:01:24 AM EDT
Was at an estate auction this past Saturday way north in GA. There were 3 AK’s list along with many fine Browning rifles, 155 acre estate and 5000 square foot house.
No online bidding. All firearms at a local FFL and not onsite.
House and land went for $925,000 (plus 10% plus sales tax).

Bidding on what was reported to be a new in box (missed preview due to work) full stock Legend started at $300 and quickly went to $1000. All but 1 other bidder dropped out. I was in at $1450 and then saw that the other bidder was an older farmer looking guy and his grandson. He went to $1500 and I said let him have it. It probably was a gift for the grandson. Let him have the $500 M1 Carbine also with Korean wood. (I have enough already I never shot). Guy moved very slow and stiffly - hard life farming or a good actor for a guy looking to be pushing 70+.

Did get a reported nib MAK-90 for $437 out the door which I am picking up Wednesday from their dealer (2 hour drive each way from me). No idea if slant or straight but at that price I don’t care.

Last Choatified MAK-90 with off brand railed dust cover and weird brake went for way, way too much money. But it looked “cool”.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
polytech leg at my LGS a few months ago $700....I DONT THINK THEY KNEW WHAT THEY HAD.  I passed on it though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
polytech leg at my LGS a few months ago $700....I DONT THINK THEY KNEW WHAT THEY HAD.  I passed on it though.
View Quote
When you could have instantly flipped it for triple that?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally picked it up. Did not look NIB - such BS.
Hit it with some oil and a Dollar Store SS cleaning thingy.
Cleaned up nice. Clean bore.
Square cut - got lucky.
No mags - got boku.
Now need a solid wood stock (not laminate) for the color job to match the handguards.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
That is clean.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't often see a square cut with the Norinco logo on the bottom of the receiver. That's typically a sign that it is probably slant cut, as opposed to the logo on the left side above the trigger which is usually square.
Somewhat uncommon rifle there...
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top