Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/9/2019 11:48:59 PM EDT
Let's get our heads together and build out a MHN-91 into a 400 meter designated marksmen weapon!

I know a lot of folks consider the AK platform to be trashcan guns but my 91 is a great shooter but I believe I can improve on it!

First, can I drill and mount one of the lower receiver style removable optics mounts like on some of the European models?

If so, what optic do we want? The furthest I can see in my area is usually not more than 400 meters.

Secondly, what is your opinion as to the factory supplied bipod? Use it or loose it?

I will be keeping the trigger as it is excellent as is.

Go!
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
For the side rail, would use am AK Master Mount.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! Didn't know that adding the mount could be that easy! Thanks!

Any other suggestions from others?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Shameless bump as I really want to do this as a project and would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I like your enthusiasm.  I have one of these that I bought new in '94 and its been sitting for most of that time.  What I want to do is fit correct RPK furniture and get some 40rd bakelites in addition to the drums I have and let 'er rip like that, but I digress.  

I think part of the issue is most guns are Euro spec these days so you need to do some fitting for the old chinese stuff.  I remember trying to fit euro-spec furniture and deciding it was not worth the trouble because the dimensions were so different (1.5 mm receiver is cool for sure but has this one small drawback).  That said, I know that Euro top covers will swap onto the chinese guns so I am curious how hard it would be to get the ZenitCo stuff to fit.  That is the direction I would go in if I it would work for what you want.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top