Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2011 12:34:40 PM EDT
A coworker brought one of these in to me today to look at. Standard hi cap mags won't seat and lock, is this normal? I was thinking about taking a dremel to the opposing end of the mag release lever so the tab on the mag would engage...but, is this supposed to be this way?
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No and no, it's not supposed to be that way.

All high capacity mags and drums that I have ever tried fit and function in my NHM-91.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No and no, it's not supposed to be that way.

All high capacity mags and drums that I have ever tried fit and function in my NHM-91.

We're thinking the same rifle, right? Big clunky chinese rpk variant?
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't some of these come in with a rivet inside the latch area running through the bottom of the reciever? If its there you can pop it off and they should work. If thats what it is of course?

Tread

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Didn't some of these come in with a rivet inside the latch area running through the bottom of the reciever? If its there you can pop it off and they should work. If thats what it is of course?

Tread

yep, there should be a rivet under the latch you need to dremel off.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tread

yep, there should be a rivet under the latch you need to dremel off.

sweet, i'll check this out. thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine runs everything you want to stick in it since I ground the rivit off.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one NHM-91 that gave me some issues even after getting the rivet out but it was quickly solved by fixing the mag catch.

I wish I had my NHM-91 back! I had it looking sweet with Russian wood and a real fixed leg Chinese rpk bipod! ( None adjust able legs.)

Tread
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
reference picture of somebody that ground down their rivet

http://www.ak-47.us/pic/JAFreeman/nhm91_rivet.jpg
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
II had to grind the rivet off my 91 to have all mags work properly.  It is a beater with a romy thumbhole stock and boy does that baby shoot well.
I love chicom ak's!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had to grind the rivet off my 91 to have all mags work properly. <> and boy does that baby shoot well.
I love chicom ak's!!!

+1
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top