Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:17:10 PM EDT
Beg pardon if these have been asked before.

I've got a Mak90 that I'm making 922r compliant.  I've got a underfolding stock that I've had forever and was wondering if it could be installed on the Mak.  If so, where can I find a rear plate for a stamped receiver?  Any info on how to install this stock would be a huge help.

Also, is it legal to thread a non-threaded Mak barrel for a flash hider?  If so, am I correct on a 6 part count for compliance?

Thanks,
B.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in a similar position.  I am considering converting a MAK 90 to "original" configuration.  I have the compliance parts sorted out, but I will order an Ironwood Designs stock and am looking for odds and ends, like:

Buttplate and screws
Side swivels

Any suggestions as to where I can get these?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've got a Mak90 that I'm making 922r compliant.  I've got a underfolding stock that I've had forever and was wondering if it could be installed on the Mak.  If so, where can I find a rear plate for a stamped receiver?  Any info on how to install this stock would be a huge help.

Also, is it legal to thread a non-threaded Mak barrel for a flash hider?  If so, am I correct on a 6 part count for compliance?

Thanks,
B.

not worth the effort to put the underfolding stock on a fixed stock rifle.

pretty sure its legal the have the barrel threaded.  im cant think of any reason why it wouldnt be legal.

not sure about the number of parts.  6 sounds good.

sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
underfold might be illegal , due to the fact its not u.s. made , from what i hear its legal to thread but make sure you use a u.s. made flash hider, like a tapco!! also get the tapco trigger kit, tapco gas piston , the ironwood stock will count as 3 pieces, i myself got the ace limited stock kit w/ buttstock ,pistol grip, and foregrips, and trigger set, i also installed a plastic follower and floor plate which counted as a total of 8 parts u.s. and getting ready to thread the barrel to put on the tapco flash hider
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
How can you make a rifle that has already been listed as an "assualt rifle" more so by adding flolders ,flash hiders ect..? Food for thought.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks,
B.

You could make a fixed into a folder but it isn't worth the trouble imho.  Which u/f stock do you have?  That will tell you which rear trunnion you need.  There are a lot more parts to an u/f than just the stock see below...

Yes you can thread a barrel but you would need 6 compliance parts.  Good luck ant let us know how it goes...
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top