Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2002 8:55:19 PM EDT
I was reading another thread and it seems that I am in a minute minority when it comes to the Thumbhole stock on my rifle. I own and have fired a chinese rifle with a thumbhole and I understand why somebody could hate it, but I really like the thumbhole on my Hungarian. I would like to find out what other SA85M owners think of the thumbhole that came on thier rifle (if yours came with a T-hole).
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
One of mine came with the original T-hole.  It's a VERY comfortable stock for a T-hole actually.  WAY better than the Maddi, and better than the Chinese.  I think I like the Daewoo DR-200 better (well it's sort of an AK) because of balance.  The bigger block of wood just throws the balance off slightly more on the SA85.  

I currently have a K-var sythetic on one and an East German on the other.  I actually like the East German stock for comfort (though it's not much to look at) and find the K-var too long.  I've grown to like the shorter original commie length stock.  I'm fixing to replace it with either a Bulgy or some wood of some kind.  Possibly some original blonde Hungarian stuff if I can find it, or the Bulgy blone stuff isn't bad either.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
For a thumbhole stock, the SA85M is pretty good.  I not very fond of any of the others.

I have been playing with the idea of converting it to a pistol grip, but I want to find a nice stock that matches the old one.  I just have come accross anything I like.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Global Trades used to have blond Hungarian wood for the SA85. It is beautiful and it goes on a SA85 with minimum fitting since it was made for it.

I don't know if they still have any but if they do you shouldn't pass it up. You will have to include the proper number of USA parts.

Mike
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top