Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2002 8:49:03 PM EDT
Are some of the parts for the Hungarian SA-85M, Sporter, different than most other AK-47 models?  I have a question over on the build-it-yourself forum asking about pistons.  Mine seems to be smaller where it threads onto the carrier.  Thanks, I'm new at this.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
A bunch of the SA85M's came with a shorter gas pis tube and Piston than a standard AK, towards the end of the last SA85M run they ran out of AK parts and started using parts from a different ak variant the AMD65 I believe it was called. I hope that answers your question.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's helpful.  The base of the piston, where the threads are, just plain looks smaller to me than the mail order one I bought.  I'll have to look at the length and measure any difference. Any idea where I might find a US made piston in this smaller size?  I'm trying to add as many US made parts as possible to satisify the "powers that may be," and maybe someday make my post ban Hungarian into the original looking AK pistol grip style furniture. But even if I stick with the original thumbhole buttstock, it would be helpful if I could find replacement parts for smaller replacement parts if that's the rule for the SA-85M
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top