Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2008 8:55:08 AM EDT
I am looking at a complete set of Norinco furniture for my FEG sa85m....  The seller believes the handguards will not fit because he thinks the hungarian ones are longer than the chinese norinco guards...   Any idea if this is true?  Thanks..
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a chinese set on wood on my SA85M a long time ago, I don't remember having any issues fitting it.

I don't remember if Norinco made it or not, was definitely chinese though.

On a side note, due to the thicker receiver walls of chinese guns, you will need to use tape or something to make the buttstock thicker so it will fit snugly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
'On a side note, due to the thicker receiver walls of chinese guns, you will need to use tape or something to make the buttstock thicker so it will fit snugly.'

If you have to do this, I recommend gluing some thin shims to the stock tenon (the part that fits into the receiver). Use good glue and clamps. After a few days, you can file/trim off any excess and start the fitting process. Remember that you have to check vertical and horizontal stock alignment as you remove wood to get the stock into the receiver. It's very easy to get it twisted if you're not paying attention to how you are filing it.
I once used a Bulgarian wood set on mine and had to trim the handguards just a little to get them right.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top