Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:38:04 PM EDT
How accurate is a Arsenal Sam7 at 100yrds? Ive heard romanian ones get a average of 3", I would hope a SAM7 for 800 bucks would be around and under 1".hippie.gif

Im looking at the SAM-7 A1 R, but I wont be able to buy it for a long time due to money, so Im going to get a WASR-10 lowcap for now then get a SAM7 later, just want to know if I would be getting my moneys worthhippie.gif
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Your presumption is correct at least with a decent shooter..1" and under at 100yrs.

I bought the SAM7 A1 R because its the best quality AK and I didnt want a piece of crap but something that would hold its value and be a kick ass smooth shooting AK. I only paid 600 for mine, I wouldnt pay 800 unless you must have it. Keep an eye on the EE here and you will find some nice package deals as I did.

My 2 cents.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly I would save the money that I would spend on the WASR and put it into a SAM7 slush fund.

I now find my self wishing I would have bought the arsenal first over any other AK.

Arsenal and VEPR are two of the nicest AK out there today. Glad I've already got mine!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Honestly I would save the money that I would spend on the WASR and put it into a SAM7 slush fund.

I now find my self wishing I would have bought the arsenal first over any other AK.

Arsenal and VEPR are two of the nicest AK out there today. Glad I've already got mine!

+1

I was gonna recommend the same thing, put the WASR money into the SAM7 trust me you will not regret it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
+2 on putting money towards the SAM7.  I got mine for 800 about a couple months after the AWB went away and haven't regretted it.  Smoothest shooting and most accurate AK i've ever shot/heard of, aside from the Arsenal RPK's.  Now those are something to lust after!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a sam 7 and a verp k . the verp k with a 8 x 42 glass will do 2 " or less with wolf and less than 1" with higher in ammo. my sam 7 is about the same. I love both the but verp k is a better buy if you can find one good luck. Save your money and get a high end ak and don't look back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some brass cased 7.62 x 39 ammo loaded with the Hornady V-MAX bullet.  I bet with a bench, front rest and rear bag you could probably be under 2" all day long...

AC

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen an AK hold a 1" group with Irons or optics for that matter. I have seen them hold a 4" all day long with irons at 100 meters!
Maybe an AK-74/AK in .223 with good ammo and a nice optic/red dot might get 1.5MOA.
Don't buy a SAM-7 thinking you will get under 3 MOA out of the box with WOLF ammo!
I own an SLR-101 and I love it, but I'm not expecting to shoot like an AR, but I do expect it to be ten times more reliable than an AR.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
from What is have seen at best wolf will do 2" groups at 100 yards
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got my SA M7 A1 last week and went to the range Saturday.  I sighted it in at 25 yds using Winchester white box.  I had to adjust windage and elevation on the front sight.  I cleaned the bore and shot off sandbags with iron sights.  I shot 2" groups at 100 yards with Uly and 3" with Wolf.  I think with a good scope set up, 2" could be improved...  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a SAM 7 A1 and I love it but have never tried to shoot tight groups with it, I have AR's for that
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]
My aresenal kicks arese!!! I can consistently hit a 4 inch spinner at 150 yards with wolf. That is good enough for me with the AK style sights. Putting wolf on paper is just depressing because there will always be one crazy flier out of a string of 5 to 10 shots that is about 3-5 inches out of the 10 ring.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top