Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/23/2006 4:30:01 PM EDT
Well, finally took the ak out to the range. It shoots well but double feeds using bulgarian 5.56 mags. This occurs after 7 or 8 successive shots then the double feed. I used Monarch (Barnaul) ammo FMJ. Any ideas what could be the cause?
Misc
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna shoot my SA-M5s tommorow with Monarch FMJ and 30rnd bulgarian mags so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm gonna test 1 30rnd clear and 2 30rnd black waffle mags.

I have about 280 FMJ Monarch and about 100 Polymer Wolf FMJ
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I just got home from shooting and the SA-M5s and it didnt fail me once, I shot about 350 or so rounds. Mostly Monarch and some Wolf so I'm thinking it can't be the monarch ammo, maybe you got a bad mag? did the problem you have happen with other mags?

btw.. I'm gonna need to order a new top cover here soon
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It happened with 2 mags. They're brand new too. I hope not to be premature about it so I'll test out other mags. Thanks for the feedback.
misc
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top