Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:56:24 PM EDT
Hey guys, just got a new SLR-105 A1R, pretty cool! Haven't shot it yet, hope to on Monday. Anyway, on the side of the reciever it say "SLR-105R"....why does it say that since my rifle is a 105 A1R? Was my rifle a 105 post-ban that was converted? Not a bid deal, just curious.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No, its an A1. For some reason they are only marked SLR-105 or 105R. You would think there would be a marking of some kind indicating the A1 models.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
...From my research...If your receiver is stamped "Made in Bulgaria"...then, your rifle came into the country as a "sporter" aka SLR 105...After that, all the desirable features were added in the USA. It is a very nice rifle. I am getting 1 soon from the local fun shop .  If possible, can you post a pic ? Let us all share in the joy of a new rifle
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I was curious as to how these arrived. So what constitutes the original "sporter" configuration? It did arrive as a complete rifle with a Bulgarian made receiver? I've read Arsenals web site, but I still don't fully understand where it was made. Please share.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought one myself. Yes, it did arrive with the original Bulgarian stamped 5.45 receiver, they are brought in with a thumbhole type stock, which Arsenal USA then replaces with a K-Var U.S. stock set and changes out the fire control group to make it compliant.

These are as close as you can get to a real Ak-74 type rifle. They're excellent and authentic, sure to increase in value. Good purchase!!!

Mine is outstanding!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
...JoeBud....They came in as  Non-military rifles: UGLY thumbhole stock, LoCap Mag, No front-End Threads, and no bayonet lugs. As posted above, Arsenal USA then reconfigured these rifles to their military looks. And from all the pictures posted on this site, they did a Great Job. Note that not all of their receivers are made in Bulgaria.
                                                           ............................Hope This Will Help!
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top