Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:19:20 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

Your opinion on the question of the Arsenal SAM5 'post-ban' or 'pre-ban' weapons.

Impact guns website indicates that they sell the 'pre-ban' Arsenal SAM5, but to my complete
dismay, a 'post-ban' (no threaded muzzle or bayonet lug) was in the box. I have sent an e-mail
to Impact to see what their reaction is, but having only sent it a day ago, I don't really expect
an immediate reply.

I see on the Arsenal site that these have been discontinued, but the 'pre-ban' is still in
production.

Kindly give me your opinions concerning this malady.

Thanks

Art
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Arsenal has stopped production of all SAM5 series rifles with no plans in the immediate future of starting back.  Like to get one along with a dozen mags, just cannot find the extra $$ to do so  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Impact Guns website shows both the black and green SA M-5's to be out of stock and there's no listing for a post ban SA M-5. They didn't send you a post ban SLR-105 by mistake did they?
If they can't straighten this out and give you the rifle you ordered, get your money back and do a search on Auction Arms for SA M-5S and look for a guy named DEERSLAYER40, he has several SA M-5's at great prices and won't screw you over ...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Return it and get one of these from deerslayer. www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7137404

I got mine from him. Fast delevery and a true pre-ban.

Here's a few pics of mine.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Gentlemen

One further anomoly with the SAM5 that I receved, is there is no provision in the buttstock to
put the "cleaning kit". It has a solid buttplate with no spring loaded trapdoor like the other
Arsenal or Polytec  AK's in my battery.

Also the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation, unlike any other AK's I have
or have seen.

And yes it is a SAM5, not the SLR 105. It was produced on/about September 2004 from what
the 'test' literature indicates.

When it was ordered, Impact guns had both green and black furniture SAM5's.

Thanks for your reply's.

Art
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
My Sam-5 and Sam-7 have no cleaning kit hole in the buttstock.
I think all Sam-5's use an RPK type rear sight.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't depend on Email to communicate with a dealer, especially if there is an issue.

Best of luck.

Or if you are in VA and dealing with CERTAIN dealers, don't even trust talking to them anymore. If you show up at their shop the owner will undoubtedly run into you and push you out of the way is he is trying to get past you and you are busy doing something like...buying a new gun!...Sorry was that my out loud voice!?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
templar,
how come sam-5 's are out of production?

because of the war?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Gentlemen

Contrary to popular belief, the SAM-5 no-ban is still in production, per Arsenal. The post-ban
weapon I had (read has since been retrieved by DHL) had a post-ban muzzle brake, but
as has previously been told, had a pre-ban rear sight. The post ban weapons have been out
of production for some time per the rep.

The rep from Impact that I spoke with indicated that some of the pre-ban weapons produced
by Arsenal had a pinned-on muzzle brake but the box was supposed to indicate as to what
it contained. IE: pre-ban or post-ban because other than that all of the part numbers were
the same for both.

Thanks again for the reply's

Art
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Gentlemen

Contrary to popular belief, the SAM-5 no-ban is still in production, per Arsenal. The post-ban
weapon I had (read has since been retrieved by DHL) had a post-ban muzzle brake, but
as has previously been told, had a pre-ban rear sight. The post ban weapons have been out
of production for some time per the rep.

The rep from Impact that I spoke with indicated that some of the pre-ban weapons produced
by Arsenal had a pinned-on muzzle brake but the box was supposed to indicate as to what
it contained. IE: pre-ban or post-ban because other than that all of the part numbers were
the same for both.

Thanks again for the reply's

Art

That's odd, Arsenal themselves said otherwise back in October.  Did they change thier minds or is your source mistaken?

k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2773
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Carb850,

The 2 weapons contained in the link, SA-M5S & SA-M5SG, are both 'post-ban' weapons,
which to my understanding have been long since dicontinued, along with the SA-M5 (ban style)
& SA-M5G (ban style).

I inferred from my conversation with the guy from Impact guns that the 'pre-ban' weapons
are still in production as he indicated it was not going to be a problem to get one of those,
which was of paramount concern to me, not to have this weapon be returned and miss the
opportunity to get the 'pre ban' (aka no ban) rifle.

As I stated in my previous post, the model number of both 'post ban' and 'pre ban' M5's are the
same, only Arsenal (or the distributor) were to have written on the outside of the box, which
was which and obviously missed the one I received. This was "straight from the horses mouth'
at Arsenal, when the guy from Impact called them first to find out the logistics on my weapon.

Art
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#14]
shoot, i had  planed on getting one this year. well if not there is always a sam-7r in my future
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Return it and get one of these from deerslayer. www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7137404

I got mine from him. Fast delevery and a true pre-ban.

Here's a few pics of mine.

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/20938Picture_010-med.jpg
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/20938Picture_0091-med.jpg

ark, i love your collection bro
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Return it and get one of these from deerslayer.

Do you have any contact info for him? I tried via an ad he had on GunsAmerica and haven't heard a thing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Return it and get one of these from deerslayer.

Do you have any contact info for him? I tried via an ad he had on GunsAmerica and haven't heard a thing.

same here  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#18]
He's out of the railed SA M-5's, and has one of the unrailed ones left, but said it's almost gone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I was just in the local dealer yesterday here in the seattle area and the guy had several Sam-5's  with green furniture in stock for a decent price of 689.00  The dealer advised me that arsenal was dumping them quick and the only reason i have not made the investment is that the 30rd mags are a major pain to locate and expensive as hell.  Now to learn that this model is diconected due to poor USA sales this may change my mind,  that green stock and funky flash hider is way to weird and sort of whimpy looking.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Several months ago i picked up seven of the clear sam-5 mags from K-VAR for 25.00 each just as a precaution in the event i should run into a good deal on the gun.  I will be keeping an eye on Kvar for some black or green mags.  Its a hard desisions to make as most of my guns are in the 7.62 x39 and 5.45 for Ak's Having one in 5.56mm may pay for its self in the long run with ammo becoming more expensive and hard to secure with import delays with wolf and silver bear 223 remington may save the day.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#23]
If you would like to sell some of your clear 5.56mm magazines for a fair price, please drop me an IM.  I have found them from time to time for ridiculous asking prices ($40! and more than that even) but I won't pay that since I know they are made for extremely low cost & there is no longer an AWB to keep them out.

If not, will wait until K-var again sells them for $11 to $17 ea.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If you would like to sell some of your clear 5.56mm magazines for a fair price, please drop me an IM.  I have found them from time to time for ridiculous asking prices ($40! and more than that even) but I won't pay that since I know they are made for extremely low cost & there is no longer an AWB to keep them out.

If not, will wait until K-var again sells them for $11 to $17 ea.

You may not want to wait that long cause I doubt you will ever get any in that case.  K-Var just posted the black mags for $22.99 a piece.  That is about good as it gets.

Clear mags, you may never do better than $40.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#25]
After reading this continious thread on the status of the sam -5 and the discovery of Arsenal to stop production of this unique model line i decided it was the time to spend the cash and secure one for safe and futrure shooting.  

Two days ago my dealer had jest received five sam5's with green furniture in the preban/no ban configeration from Arsenal Inc, for a sale floor price of 689.00 plus state sale tax.  The 5 series is just like everything else from Arsenal, top shelf quality and the looks that reveil first rate eye candy. I was little bias at first toward the green stock furniture, but after buying the gun the "green look" is a nice derversion.  

Now the K-var has the new mags in stock i will have to make sure i get a good dozen of them,  these things are as elusive as an artic fox and expensive as hell at full retail or at your local gun show.    The Bulgairian clear mags i received last april, 05 are some really nice looking and high tech mags. To bad K-var cannot bring in some more of these clear smokey colored mags in,...they really look bad ass in the sam-5 and elevate the 5 series into something really special looking.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Last year Kvar had green and clear mags for 25.00 dollars each,  Expensive but worth the investment as the mags are fairly hard to come by and a must need item if you plan on picking up a 5 series in the future.  

I really don't think there are any other mags out there that can be retro fitted to feed ammo correctly.  i picked up eight Clear mags last time and twenty of the black mags yesterday for 23.00 bucks ea.  Its always nice to have a small stock pile for general use and replacements as needed. You never know about future cost and supply these days..............
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
if you want to sell that SA M5 rifle (thats ban compliant), let me know..
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Just last Thursday i received my Kvar magizine shipment i ordered five days ago.  Twenty new 30 rd. black waffle 5.56x45 mags arrived in a tightly packed box with brown factory wax paper wrap.  
I am glad i had the chance to secure a decent supply of these babies asKvar's limited supply must have depleated fairly rapidly after release date.  I plan to keep ten for shooters and the rest for long term storage or replacements. You never know when more of these things will come in with the SA-M5 series being discontinued may effect future imports, one never knows these days.  

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top