Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2005 4:49:43 PM EDT
 I was wondering if there were any reasons to choose between the older "ban" and the new SA M-5s.  It appears the newer models have the 22mm threaded sight base, but it seems you are limited to an AK-74 brake for them.  Do the older "ban" SA M-5s have a muzzle device which can be now cut off to reveal 14mm threads?  It seems this would allow more options to try various brake and suppressor devices.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
All SA M-5's come with a 14mm left hand thread ...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Atlantic arms shows an AK-74 with a 5.45 X 39 mag and 22mm FSB as a new SA M-5.  Auction arms shows a pic of an AK with a .223 waffle mag and what appears to be a 14mm muzzle device.  This picture is the same one as a GunsAmerica.com private sale of an old "ban" style SA M-5.  Can someone please cut through this Bravo Sierra and tell me what the deal is?   Does the old "ban " SA M-5 have threads under a muzzle device that can be cut off and used?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Only Arsenal Las Vegas makes the SA M-5, they are 5.56x45 and they "all" have 14mm threads, ban or no ban. The old ban style's muzzle break can be removed but it's a pain in the ass ...

Arsenal AK74's are 5.45x39 and are not SA M-5's, they are SLR's and have "24mm" threads, 22mm threading is found on Romanian rifles ...

The SA M-5's at Auction Arms are Arsenal Las Vegas in 5.56x45 ...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
well, that answered my question before i even asked it,.......i love this site
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
here she is,.. my new SA M5s ,..

i love this magazine! i  know it says -5s but it has all the preban features
and the rpk sight i a nice touch

i just wish i had a thread adaptor so i can put a krinkov flash hider on it
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top