Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:00:37 PM EDT
I have a SLR 95 for about fours now. Since I bought it I've sent it out to Krebs to have a lower tang installed, two stage trigger, OD furniture , refinished in black and a rear windage adjustable peep sight.  So I walk into a local shop the other day and see this SLR 101 that looks almost indentical to my SLR 95 (after the visit to krebs to the tune of $400) for $495.  What is that the difference ,if any, between the two models?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The slr 101 was NOT made to take a double stack mags . And the 95 is .
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The slr 101 was NOT made to take a double stack mags . And the 95 is .

Well I am glad that I have a SLR 85.  God save the High Cap.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen high-cap SLR-101s.

ETA:I went on the Arsenal site and realized that they made SLR101s in both single stack and high-cap.  I don't quite see why people would buy a single stack SLR101 when high cap SLR101s were avaliable. That doesn't make any sense to me.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a double stack SLR 101 for several years.  It's a great rifle.  No bayo lug and fixed brake but for the price it's hard to beat.  Mine also came with a spring loaded firing pin.  I guess Arsenal uses what parts they have on hand.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They fixed them to take double stacks mags !!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep.  Bought a used  101 a couple weeks ago.  Takes double stacks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an SLR-101 double stack with a side rail. Its the same rifle as SAM-7S Ban but without a cleaning rod attached. Obviously the SAM-7 is made in the US and the SLR-101 in Bulgaria.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have an SLR-101 double stack with a side rail. Its the same rifle as SAM-7S Ban but without a cleaning rod attached. Obviously the SAM-7 is made in the US and the SLR-101 in Bulgaria.

Not the same at all, the slr-101 did NOT come OUT of the factory to except double stack mags .
Just like the sar-1 and the wasr !!! not the same at all ....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not the same at all, the slr-101 did NOT come OUT of the factory to except double stack mags .
________________________________________________________________________________

You are right about the wasr which came as a single stack into this country.  The Sar-1, however, is a mil-spec receiver that was always ready to accept hi-cap mags.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:

________________________________________________________________________________

You are right about the wasr which came as a single stack into this country.  The Sar-1, however, is a mil-spec receiver that was always ready to accept hi-cap mags.

It's the same thing about the slr-101 , it came into this country a single stack receiver ....
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The SLR 101 is a milled rifle.  Arsenal opens it up to the exact same deminsions as the SA M7 models.  It's not like the wasr's where they rivit in pieces of metal to hold the mags tight once they open the mag well.  The SLR 101 looks just like a SA M7 inside.  The finish is better on the SA M7.  It's not a big deal that they came into the country as single stack rifles.  It's a true Bulgarian receiver opened up by a Bulgarian company.  You won't find a better $500 milled AK than the SLR 101.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
My understanding is that all the new AKM stamped rifles in 7.62 that everyone is waiting for Arsenal to unveil will also come in to this country as single stack.  Anyone hear differently?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The SLR 101 is a milled rifle.  Arsenal opens it up to the exact same deminsions as the SA M7 models.  It's not like the wasr's where they rivit in pieces of metal to hold the mags tight once they open the mag well.  The SLR 101 looks just like a SA M7 inside.  The finish is better on the SA M7.  It's not a big deal that they came into the country as single stack rifles.  It's a true Bulgarian receiver opened up by a Bulgarian company.  You won't find a better $500 milled AK than the SLR 101.[/quote]

It's called a slr-95 !!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:
The SLR 101 is a milled rifle.  Arsenal opens it up to the exact same deminsions as the SA M7 models.  It's not like the wasr's where they rivit in pieces of metal to hold the mags tight once they open the mag well.  The SLR 101 looks just like a SA M7 inside.  The finish is better on the SA M7.  It's not a big deal that they came into the country as single stack rifles.  It's a true Bulgarian receiver opened up by a Bulgarian company.  You won't find a better $500 milled AK than the SLR 101.[/quote]

It's called a slr-95 !!!!

Only if you like the ugly thumb hole stock that comes with the rifle.  By the time you spend the money to convert it you'll be well over $500.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top