Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:53:21 PM EDT
I want to replace the muzzle break on my Bulgarian stamped AK and have noticed two thread designations for Bulgarian AKs 24mmx1.5 and 14x1 l/h? My rifle is an Armory Usa Model SSR-85C-2.

I love this rifle. The fit and finish is very nice and I was going to put an ACE folder on it but the blond wood is so nice I do not think I can change it.  It also vame with an HK style grip as well as a classic AK stayle hand grip. I only was able to shoot about 6rds through it but it looked like it was going to be a lot more accurate than my Romanian WASR that is basicaly just a bunny blaster range gun. This is a nice rifle for the money.  

Oh yes, does any one know what type of threads are on my barrel? It is the barrel that is threaded and not a sight block. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
That weapon has 14x1LH thread on the muzzle.......24mmx1.5 threads are commonly seen on AK74 FSB's and are in fact a sleeve over an unthreaded muzzle to facilitate the use of the muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That was a fast reply. I thought so after doing some more reading but I was not sure and didi not want to order the wrong thing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Mine is the bottom example. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a slant brake from Brownells and it would not fit. Finaly I got ahold of the factory and found out I have the same threads as an AR-15. Why I ask you would an AK company put the same threads on my barrel as an AR-15? At least it should not be hard to find another break.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top