Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:12:28 PM EDT
Greetings,

I would like to add a scope and muzzle break to my rifle. Currently, the rifle isn't equipped with a rail or threaded barrel.  

I have seen screw-on muzzle adaptors for various size muzzle breaks/flash hiders. Are they any good? Which brand or size do you recommend? Or should I have a local gunsmith thread the barrel for me?

Can I add a scope to my rifle eventhough it doesn't have rails?

Thanks In Advance!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=235&3=239

The link above is the Bulgarian AK 74's front sight base. The FSB is what has the threads for the AK 74 brake, which is listed below the FSB. The threads are 24mm. This is what you want if you want your rifle to be authentic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on replacing the FSB with a threaded one. For optics mounting, you can either opt for a sideplate you would have to put there yourself or by a competent gunsmith (mounting the plate correctly is vital if your scope is ever to be zeroed normally).

Or op for the least desirable option, receivercover with mount bolted on top. Ultimak is a nice option for mounting reflex sights. And then there's weaver mounts replacing your rearsight.

Personally I would go for the sideplate, it leaves you with a wide variety of optics choices and mounting bases..

Suggestion, do a search in the optics forum. You're bound to find the info you need there.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top