Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 9:29:54 AM EDT
Perhaps anybody knows....

This part, pointed out in the picture, is sitting in my semiauto fire controls group of my AKS74. Can't seem to place it or recognize it.

What's it for?

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it comparable to the fire retarder seen in fullauto groups, it lacks the pivoting piece retarding the hammer a millisecond or two. Never seen it on an AK before.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
that must be the "mickey mouse" anti-trip device I have heard about but never seen
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The question would be, is it a rudimentary fullauto part in which case I'm taking it out of the weapon. And more important, will the weapon still fire reliably without it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
How is it held in the weapon?  By pin or attached to something else?  Can you get a better picture of it?

cya
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That is the rate reducer/anti bounce device. Intended to reduce the chance of out of battery fire.. Note that it has been dissasembled to remove the part that engagwes the hammer..

Without a auto sear it is useless..
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Coltshorty,

Perhaps that's why I couldn't place it, it didn't look nothing like a complete reducer. Have removed the part from the weapon, if it's of no use it has no place in the weapon. The receiver is semiauto only, there's no 3rd hole and no autosear.

Backblast, my current digicam sucks bytes. Can't seem to get a good angle with a high zoom factor.

Looks like the mystery's solved, a disassembled full auto part in a semiauto only weapon. Removed the part, between now and soon an RSA set is gonna be in there anyway.

Thanks all for the help,

Bas
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top