User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2005 5:19:37 PM EDT
Does anyone make a folding stock for the milled Bulgarian AKs?  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ace does.  Their web-site is http://www.aceltdusa.com  They offer a verity of stock styles that will fit our receivers with the aid of the correct adapter.  The downside is that the adapter extends to the length of the tang which means the adapter sticks out about 1.5 inches from the back of the receiver, then add the hinge then add the stock.  It looks unsightly because it folds too far back from the receiver.  They very recently began producing a flush fit adapter for stamped receivers.  I e-mailed them and asked if such an adapter was in the works for milled receivers.  After a few days they replied saying they were working on one but didn't expect to have it on the market till 2006 (personally I think I'm gonna wait).
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you are right, it doesn't look right with the block sticking off the back.  In searching the web I came across Arsenal's Bulgarian web site,  they have a side folder on some of the guns on the site.  I wish K Var would bring that to the US.  I don't feel like drilling the gun for an underfolder.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#4]
There are people on here I am sure know more about this than I but to the best of my knowledge the side folding skeleton stocks on milled receivers are on AK 74s I don't think there was a 7.62X39 with a side folder made that was not a krinkov.  They are not simply bolt on stocks.  The receiver must be machined for the side folder.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info everyone.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Firing Line makes both a side folder & underfolder receivers.  Called the SL99 or something like that.  They are milled & made in the USA.  They are spendy $470 for the side Folder & $430 for an underfolder for the receiver.

Templar is at the shot show and trying to get Arsenal Inc. to make a AKS-74 (5.45x39mm) side folder on a stamped receiver with an AK74 breake.

Stamped should be about 2lbs lighter.

"Never confuse motion with action" Benjerman Franklin
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
tagged
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone tried the Ace folding "mechanism"?  Is it solid, is it as bulky as it looks?

I have an SLR 95 with an older Ace stock (looks like an M249 buttstock) and would love to fold it but do not like the long receiver block PLUS the folding "mech".

After seeing the flush fit adapter for the stamped receiver and looking at my milled adapter, why couldn't the milled adapter just be shortened (along with the top tang)?  Perhaps a countersunk machine bolt could be added through the bottom of the receiver to stengthen the whole thing?

Bad idea?!

Scot
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top